Capacity of water cylinder ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I wonder if I could trouble people for a little advice. We are looking to change our bathroom and are trying to work out whether we will have enough hot water to fill the proposed new bath.

We have an old primatic water cylinder with a jacket which measures about 40" h x 18" wide but have no idea how much water this might hold.

We are looking at installing a shower bath with a capacity of 210 litres ( sorry to be so thick but does this specify the total capacity of the bath or the average amount of water that would be required to use it, eg say two thirds full ? )

Our current bath is fairly low level and i have been told that this is probably only around 170 litres?

We are worried that our small cylinder will be too small for this bath?

Thank you.

Sponsored Links
We have an old primatic water cylinder with a jacket which measures about 40" h x 18" wide Thank you.
Presumably a loose jacket ? - Horrible things , primatics . If it turns out you need more hot water you could fit a new cylinder and modify the pipework and fit a feed/expansion tank etc. You wouldn`t be wasting your £ because primatics are soo 19th Century ;)

Sponsored Links
We have an old primatic water cylinder with a jacket which measures about 40" h x 18" wide Thank you.
Presumably a loose jacket ? - Horrible things , primatics . If it turns out you need more hot water you could fit a new cylinder and modify the pipework and fit a feed/expansion tank etc. You wouldn`t be wasting your £ because primatics are soo 19th Century ;)

Hi, yes it is a loose jacket. I understand these are pretty 'low tech' nowdays but it works fine providing hot water day on day with no problems for the past 14 years - the problem is that we have a very small airing cupboard and will struggle to install anything much larger. Just trying to establish exactly how much water it holds. Thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back