Capital of Britain is Thriving

The country was an inefficient mess before brexit and still is. Almost nothing has changed, for the better or worse. Perhaps brexit happened to coincide with the point in time at which you took an interest in politics and became aware of how bad things are, I don't know.

If you were old enough to remember a labour government then you'd know that things aren't very different under them either. Labour usually gets elected by those who are too young to know what they're actually like so will believe their promises.

But brexit has little or nothing to do with this thread.

Most people are not pro or anti-brexit, or pro or anti-tory, and generally don't care much either way between elections. You are having a solo shouting match that nobody else actually cares about or wants to listen to.
I think your miles off the mark on this

Sponsored Links
That's an interesting opinion. Is it based on anything?
Yes, reality - from spending time in the actual world instead of basing my world view on debates in a small corner of a DIY forum.

Politics is a niche interest, but those that are interested make a lot of noise about it.

The country was an inefficient mess before brexit and still is. Almost nothing has changed, for the better or worse. Perhaps brexit happened to coincide with the point in time at which you took an interest in politics and became aware of how bad things are, I don't know.

If you were old enough to remember a labour government then you'd know that things aren't very different under them either. Labour usually gets elected by those who are too young to know what they're actually like so will believe their promises.

But brexit has little or nothing to do with this thread.

Most people are not pro or anti-brexit, or pro or anti-tory, and generally don't care much either way between elections. You are having a solo shouting match that nobody else actually cares about or wants to listen to.
I thought it was you, Pat. Still a windy fekker, no matter the name you choose.

Sponsored Links
Osbourne's 'Austerity' policies
This, like all words used in the public sphere now, has had its meaning reversed. A man can be a woman, a 40 year old can be a child refugee and a government that has spent more than any other in history can be described as austere.

I wouldn't give any weight to some stupid survey by the few snobby old biddies that actually read "Which?" magazine.

Keep closing your eyes to reality, old biddy.

The party of Johnson, Truss and Sunak shrivelled.

Keep closing your eyes to reality, old biddy.

The party of Johnson, Truss and Sunak shrivelled.
I've no idea what your point is, who you're addressing and why.

If you're assuming I'm some kind of tribal Tory fan just because I criticised Labour then you're very mistaken, and also showing your ignorance of the complexity of the real world outside of keyboard warrior debate on the interweb.

You might get a bit more respect if you calm the silly insults too.

Sorry, is someone suggesting that Which? magazine is read by working class young trend-setters?

Snobby: Yes, they love a good brand name
Old: Without question
Biddies: Describing the sort of incapable fusspots who read this sort of drivel

I'd take very little notice of their reviews and surveys. Perhaps if they were reviewing incontinence pants they may be a good source of experienced knowledge. Otherwise, take with a gritter truck of salt.

I could imagine their readers turning up to Skegness and screwing their faces up in disgust at the plebs having fun, before scurrying away to the nearest garden centre tea shop.

Snobby: Yes, they love a good brand name
Old: Without question
Biddies: Describing the sort of incapable fusspots who read this sort of drivel

I'd take very little notice of their reviews and surveys. Perhaps if they were reviewing incontinence pants they may be a good source of experienced knowledge. Otherwise, take with a gritter truck of salt.

I could imagine their readers turning up to Skegness and screwing their faces up in disgust at the plebs having fun, before scurrying away to the nearest garden centre tea shop.

silly insults

Sponsored Links
Back