Capping off CI "Y branch"

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

Got called out to a leak on this cast iron branch today. (In a pub toilet - gents 1 1/2" waste going into one of the collars, the other one was "capped off" - cap was actually loose).

The 1 1/2" waste was being "held in" the cast iron with silicone, and had come loose.

As you can see, I denso'd it up for now and will be returning tomorrow AM for a more permanent fix.

Apart from ripping out the CI, all I could think of was 2 x flexiseals (3" down to 2" then have a 2"rodding eye in the redundant branch, and a reducer for the urinal run in the other).

Any thoughts?

Cheers

Sponsored Links
Well I managed to get a flexseal over the CI but theres a very slow drip coming from the CI end of the sleeve. The surface of the CI is uneven (from rust and paint) so I'm going to go back tomorrow AM and try and smooth it out.

I've tried a wire brush, with little effect, I'm going to try running my grinder over the biting point of the jubilee clip, that is unless of course someone can offer me a more effective alternative!!

Cheers ;)

thanks, i'll give that a go, but wont the water just get under the tape and still escape ?

i did consider using denso but its too "squishy" and will just thin out under pressure from the jubilee...

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back