Capping off water pipes

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm about to refurbish the downstairs loo so need to cap off the water pipes (hot, cold, loo) for a couple of weeks while I do the work.
I'll eventually be fitting flexi tails to these pipes so shall I just cap off with 15mmx1/2" valves (like these https://www.bes.co.uk/flat-faced-straight-isolation-valve-15mm-x-1-2-bsp-pm-23573/), so the pipes are ready for the flexis further down the line?

Any chance of this type of valve weeping, and if so would I be better off using end caps?

Sponsored Links
If the pipes and valves would be in their final positions, then no reason not to install the valves IMO. If you are at all worried about them passing then yes you can always get caps for them and it's best practice to cap a valve on a live pipe until it's needed.

1690360513138.png

Sponsored Links
You could use plastic pushfit end caps.
They're easy to push in and out via the release button.
When you fit service valves, buy the full bore ones, they're much better and don't weep.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back