Capping off old radiator pipe...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We need to remove a rad from its current position and cap off the pipes that come from under the floor screed ready for new flooring to go down.

So far I have excavated around the current pipe by about an inch down all round:
radpipe.jpg

I was planning to cut this off lower than the surrounding screed level and cap it with a 15mm EF end stop. Then surround with foam pipe insulation followed by a weak sand and cement mix to finish off.

Am I on the right track or way off the mark? :)

Sponsored Links
Push fit will be easier could be a lot of water under there preventing solder cap from taking.

Wrap it in denso and then screed over.

It would be better to isolate the pipe at the other end of the run, so you don't have a 'dead leg' on the system, buried under the floor where access would be difficult if anything does go wrong.

If you can't identify t'other end, then needs must....

Sponsored Links
Luckily there is another rad at the end of the same wall. The pipes i want to cap appear to be t'd up out of the screed so the only dead leg I would have is the depth of the screed. which presumably isn't too bad?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back