car bonnet

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi on my car bonnet I want to remove the plastic part at the top which has spray jets attached I have a ford c-max zetec. 2010 plate. As I have got car polish on it and underneath and want to clean it.

Sponsored Links
Autoglym's bumper treatment will cover up the polish marks.....not the best move to remove it in case of scratches or clips breaking.
John :)

Sponsored Links
Autoglym's bumper treatment will cover up the polish marks.....not the best move to remove it in case of scratches or clips breaking.
John :)

As it says... it covers it up, it doesn't remove it. To remove it you need to think outside the box. I use Vanish stain remover, the spray bottle type. You know, the one that comes in the bright pink bottle to remove dirt and stains from your clothes when you put them in the washing machine.

Spray a small amount on a cloth, or better still, a soft old toothbrush and work it in to the washer jets, buff up with another clean cloth. Use the same stuff to clean all the plastic rub strips round the car, and lots of places round the inside of the car. My BMW has tri colour stitching on the leather steering wheel, but after years of use was filthy black. Gently using the toothbrush and vanish spray, it renewed the stitching to look virtually as new.

Back