CAR HEATER ROVER 400

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
MY CAR HEATER JUST STOPPED WORKING ANYONE ANY IDEAS OF WHAT IS WRONG. ROVER 400 - 1600CC

Sponsored Links
i have a similar problem. the heater on my MG ZS only works on 3 and 4, nothing comes out on one or two

ideas much appreciated :D

i have a similar problem. the heater on my MG ZS only works on 3 and 4, nothing comes out on one or two

Resistor pack on the heater. Should be simple to change.

Sponsored Links

Resistor pack on the heater. Should be simple to change.

thanks for that. changed 1 on a scania truck a while ago, but non of the speeds worked. was a pig of a job but did the trick.
thanks again

The heater pack should be behind the glove box. Remove the glove box and there should be a plastic box with an electrical connection on it. Get a stubby philips screwdriver, remove the two screws and lift off the resistor pack. One of the coils will have snapped off. Scap yards are best for them, only about a fiver, you might need to check a few cars for a good one though. I think the rover 25 has the same pack, just check the serial numbers. While the glove box is out, there is a metal bar running top to bottom with a plastic stip behind it. Remove the plastic strip and the pollen filter is behind it, this will likely need changing if the coil has burnt out. A blocked filter causes the coils to dry out and break.

Does anyone know if a '96 Rover 600 (the one with the Honda 2.1 engine) has the resister in the same place?

The blower works on all 4 speeds if you give it a slap under the dash. I think it's more likely to be the motor itself on this one. I've had the glove box out and the motor looks buried and nothing like the nice easy 3 screws out job the Rover 800 I once did. :(

Back