Car Port/ Garage in rear garden

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there,

I've just bought my first house and would love some advice.
We have a parking space which sits next to our garden and I think it's within our boundaries.
We park here, and come through the gate/ garden to get in/out of the house (we tend to use this rear entrance into the house).
Essentially - I would like some advice as to whether we would need planning permission to build either a car port/garage over this parking space... and maybe some clarification as to whether it is within our boundaries, like I think. It is the top left rectangle within the red lines in the attached land registry snippet.

Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated - I've attached the land registry bits that show our boundaries (I think!). One document shows it within our boundaries as 'shared parking'.

Thanks a lot,

Tristan

Attachments

• House Plans.jpg
    House Plans.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 143
  • Land registry crop.png
    Land registry crop.png
    300.6 KB · Views: 136
Sponsored Links
So the space belongs to you, so you need to check the deeds/title for any restrictions on the land that might affect what you can do. You may find that you have to keep it paved and open. If not the writing on the plans might just be indicative so show that the bit you own really does include the parking area even though it seems to be shared.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back