Carbon Monoxide alarm going off

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I had a telephone call from the wife (I am at work). The alarm is going off in the kitchen & it is situated above our Ideal Mexico boiler. The thing is she said an energy saving eco bulb stopped working in the living room & it smelt/stunk. She removed this & put in a new one. She then put the old light bulb in the kitchen and 10 mins later the alarm was sounding. I obviously told her to open doors, windows etc & remove the alarm into the hall (bungalow & kitchen is at the rear of the property & therefore isolated). Can one of these "eco" friendly bulbs set off the detector or not? I have had a google but cannot find anything specific. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

cheers

Will

Sponsored Links
Yep ask any transo guy what percentage of CO alarms going of are false alarms and its around 80% . Tell her to throw it out ventilate the room and see what happens .
Or better safe than sorry call transo out its free

Thanks for the reply,
The light bulb has been thrown out & the alarm put back in the kitchen after it has been ventilated for a few hours, It has been 1 hour now with heating on & alarm has not gone off so hopefully it is sorted.

cheers

Will

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back