Carpet for Bedroom

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
I am looking at decorating the bedroom soon and feel its time for a new carpet, at the moment we have some hessian backed carpet down with out underlay.
Years ago, I used to buy the foam backed carpets, these were good in the sense that you didn't need underlay, but when you came to replace them the Foam backing with stick to floor boards and fall apart-so a bit messy.
Don't seem to see the foam backed these days, one salesman told me it no longer made, the alternative these days seems to be felt backed,but we have that in my son's bedroom without underlay and its no particularly soft.
So do i have to get felt backed (Hessian will be too expensive) and underlay?

cheers

Steve

Sponsored Links
foam back is no longer available. Felt back has replaced foam back. And yes if you want it soft underfoot you need underlay

Sponsored Links
homer
Thanks for the links, they are really cheap! :D

mattysurra
Thanks for confirming that foam backed is no longer available,bit of a shame, as I said it was fairly good and cheap.

Steve

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back