Carpet

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, recentley moved into my first property a 2 bed flat built in the mid 80's.

I have decided I want to get new carpet and underlay. To give the whole flat a new lot of carpet the rooms include (living room, hallway, main bedroom and spare bedroom).

I have so far been given 2 quoutes. And wanted you're guys opinions as some of you may work in the carpet trade itself or have more knowledge or carpets and pricing.

So first quote i was given was on 3 different brands of carpet. This price includes fitting of carpet/underlay. I will be bringing up carpet itself and disposing of it to save on costs.

Primo plus-colour-calico:£1200
Primo choice-colour-golden sand:£1150
Apollo-colour-butter cream:£1100.

And the second quote i was given samples and like the manx ultimate collection. And the best quoute i got for that was £1,150.

I have a third carpet supplier/fitter comming round later today to give me a quote.

Sponsored Links
It is difficult to comment fully on your quote, because...

How much carpet is that for (overall square meterage) and with what underlay and accesories? what fitting instructions have you given? for example does your quote include moving furniture or uplifting and removing the old flooring.

I no longer sell CORMAr products but from memory "Apollo" is the lighter weight carpet - i.e. the other 2 are a better buy (hence more expensive)

....for pretty much a whole property it doesnt sound too bad

70sqm2.

Both fitters said if i was present during day of fitting and helped move furniture they wouldnt charge me.

so 1200.00 divided by 70 = 17.14m2

thats for underlay carpet gripper plates and fitting.....

I used to charge - 12.99 for primo at least 5.99 for underlay and at least 2.50 for fitting, plates around 5 each.....( per sq m)

so in other words thats an ok deal..........

Sponsored Links
Just got quote for a grand cash. All new door bars and the bloke wil even take up old carpet. 10mm underlay

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back