Cat flap nightmare

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
We have a plastic door, well one of thos thats plastic with polystyrene in. We had a cat flap that got broken and then bought a new one a different size. After some ham fisted cutting my husband made a large hole in the door now too big to fit a cat flap. The hole is 200mm (W) x 260mm (H) x 42mm (depth). I'm looking at buying and fitting a new pet door or cat flap. If the cat flap advertised says you need to cut a hole 210 (w) and 234(h) would this fit my door?
I'm really confused, I can buy a large pet door which should fit but I'm worried the hole in my door is just going to get bigger and bigger until I have to buy a new door
The model flap I'm looking at is a sureflap cat flao or sureflap pet door and they also sell adaptors if your hole is too big however, these are square and my hole is a rectangle.
Has anyone got any advice?

Sponsored Links
Contact a local double glazing company (don't waste time with the big names they will only want to sell a new door) they will be able to fit a new panel they are usually only held in with plastic strips like the window glass.

Some will even supply a cat door too.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back