Cat Smell

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all,

Im on my first development. We picked up the keys on Friday and got the plumber in on Monday and Sparky on Tuesday so hit the ground running. Pumbers is installing a new boiler and heatng system - there was no central heating. He is also removing the old bathroom suite and replacing.

Ther sparky is changing all sockets, switches and lights and installing a new consumer unit. The contingency has been hit for £250 on the second day as there s n power to he upstairs light. He will have to chase :mad: and put the upstairs lights on a new circuit - which I suppose is good and done properly!

My main problem is the house absolutely stinks of pi55!

I think t is cat pi55! Does anyone know how to remove this smell?

The downstairs is concrete and upstairs is floor boards.

Many thanks in advance :D

Sponsored Links
Sure it`s not the plumber - in the sink :mad: Is he Gassafe :idea: Get some Jeyes Fluid disinfectant ;)

Lots of bleach, probably dog pee, cats rarely go indoors, mine will dig up the house plants to go rather than go on the carpet if we forget and lock her cat flap.

You will NOT remove cat pee from a carpet. Use Jeyes fluid on bare boards and concrete but that smell will linger for a few weeks too.

The cat pee smell may be more favourable! :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Years ago I was working on some council house refurbishments. In one house, the upstairs bedroom floorboards, were lousy with urine. ( I think the people that lived there used a bedpan under the bed) :oops: :oops: . We decided to replace the complete bedroom floor. Took out the floorboards and chucked them in the skip.
A neighbour , seen the floorboards in the skip and asked if he could have them as he was building a garden shed. We told him to help himself !!
A couple of weeks later. This neighbour had built his shed.
I hate to think what it must smell like during hot weather. ;) ;) ;) ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back