Catnic Lintels and Render question/Help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys, Just signed up to the website as I've found the site to be extremely helpful.

Anyway, I'm building a bungalow and we are about to put the Catnic cavity lintels in, I was just wondering something. The outside is rendered so where do I put the weep hole/Vents above the window? If it was brick I know they would just slot in the joints but if it's being rendered where should I put the vents to let water out if it gets on the lintel? Or not install them?

Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
NHBC no longer require weepholes in traditional masonry cavity wall construction where the wall is rendered. Your BCO may have other ideas however. If you do fit them though then they go in exactly the same place as if it were brick outer skin. Also you can get ickle tiny ones that are only about 10mm² rather than a full perp.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back