Caulk tacky after painting

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

A few weeks back I replaced the skirting in a bedroom. Finished off with decorators caulk, Wickes own brand. The following weekend I used Dulux Satinwood with a Dulux primer and undercoat.
Roll on 3 weeks and I've noticed dust and dog hair stuck to the paint. I can feel that the areas where I used caulk have gone tacky and the dust etc is sticking to it. The other areas are fine and the areas on the wall where I used the same caulk are also fine with a Dulux matt emulsion.
Any ideas if this is likely to be the Wickes Caulk or Dulux Satinwood causing this? Would an oil based undercoat work?

Thanks,

Tom

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Thanks for the reply. No, no high humidity or condensation
Hmmmm is it on a cold exterior wall? That's the only other thing I could think of, cold wall equals moisture being attracted to it.

I would wipe away the paint with a damp cloth and try again personally, try and keep the area at a constant temperature for good measure.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back