Caution Advised: Do You Eat Meat?? If So, Do Not Read This Thead.

Reaction score
Country
Palau
This caught my eye. Charity suing the gov over genetic chickens.

A few years ago when in ..... we felt safe eating their lovely veg, "farm fresh" we were advised. That is until we were told about the stuff they put ito the ground which was well above gov limits and this stuff made all veg grow as you've never seen them before. We told a friend of ours that comes from that country and she had been back the year earlier and told us at her parents' farm, the veg they left the fridge the night before that was freshly picked had grown twice the size by the end of the next day. We felt she was exaggerating a bit but she said no but she does joke a lot but seemed plausible.

I won't be eating chicken again so or any meat for that matter, well not at least until tonight but not chicken

frankenchicken-infographic-3969170.jpg

https://www.express.co.uk/news/scie...try-frankenchicken-defra-farming-health-fears

https://www.express.co.uk/news/scie...try-frankenchicken-defra-farming-health-fears

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
This is such old news. It's selective breeding, animal husbandry. Was topical in schools in the 90s

Sponsored Links
We need bigger and bigger chickens.

It's so the poor people can make both ends meat.

I have a feeling that one poster is about to inform us that he is so well um,... off, that he can do it without the slightest problem.

Chicken was selectively bred as soon as it became more popular. Rather rapidly. I'm not sure when feeding them so called mash became popular ;) it includes chicken waste.

:mrgreen: Sore point for me. We started buying certain things from Lidl. Then chicken with a union jack on the package appeared.

How about a chicken with four legs, save some arguments...

Try reading the thread again and note who is suing now, not in the "70's" but nOW

Also note the weight of the big bird in 2020

Thank you

I didn't say 70s. Literally the same thing though, we didn't grow these chickens overnight.

Also, bear in mind that you have to take anything the Express posts with a pinch of salt - they get science wrong very often and always exaggerate the facts.

“Fleshly bodies of broiler chickens grow heavy so quickly that development of their bones and joints can’t keep up. . . . Many of these animals crouch or hobble about in pain on flawed feet and legs.” – Jim Mason & Peter Singer, Animal Factories, 1990

Honestly, this is not new news, its been reported for at least 32 years.

Eat free range, problem solved.

Pass the steak.

When I was a kid in the early 70's we couldn't afford chicken, it was a luxury. We had to have cheaper meat like New Zealand Lamb, now the two are reversed. The UK population is increasing in size (physical human size, not numbers) just like the chickens.

Sponsored Links
Back