Cavity trays - pre-formed or DIY corners?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi. Hope you can help me out.

I'm trying to form a cavity tray immediately above the DPC in a new extension. I'm using Ruberoid Hyload DPC (the same as I used for the DPC) but I'm not sure what to do at the corners.

I think trying to join corners at an angle will be pretty impossible and, in reality, the tray will sit almost flat through the cavity. With the bottom of the tray flat I can join it using overlaps and jointing tape but I'm concerned this won't be acceptable to the BCO.

I see that most cavity tray manufacturers produce pre-formed cavity corners - is this the only acceptable method? (hopefully not, I'd really like to make progress during the bank holiday).

Any thoughts/advice would be appreciated.

Regards

Sponsored Links
You would normally set the tray at dpc level externally and one course of blocks internally thus creating a slope.

This is best done with something as flexible as polythene dpm. I would not lose too much sleep over the corners so long as they are lapped and taped.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back