Cavity Wall Beads

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I have taken off an old lean-to roof and i going to rebuild a new roof over it as the old one was just poorly constructed plastic sheeting.

I stripped it off and looking down the cavity there is no insulation as existing and I would like to pour in something before I build the new roof over it. I will also be insulating the brick internally with some insulated plasterboard but it seems a waste not to put something in the cavity... i just don't know what.

The cavity is about 60-70mm in width and I have read some posts on this but they seem a bit dated and i wondered if someone would please point me in the right direction to find something reasonably priced that will beef up the u-values slightly.

Many thanks,

slimj

IMG-20160614-WA0000.jpg

Attachments

• IMG-20160614-WA0000.jpg
    IMG-20160614-WA0000.jpg
    138.2 KB · Views: 82
Sponsored Links
Whatever kind of roof you build would benefit from a wall plate.
Whats the purpose of the lean-to?

Beads, for what they are worth, are probably your best bet but any cav insulation is as good as the exterior surface brick faces, pointing or render?
Are your wall ties clean and is the bottom of the cavity clean?
DPC's on both skins should be well out of ground contact.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back