Cavity Wall Insulation

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Have booked-in Mark Group to have my loft insulation topped-up and have cavity wall insulation installed. Property is a large 4-bed detached with perfect brickwork. Had a plasterer round the other day to quote on some rendering to the front of the property and I mentioned I was having cavity wall insulation put in. He gave me a horrified look and said whatever you do don't have them put it in from the outside as it will ruin the aesthetics of the existing brickwork and there will be very obvious filled holes all over the outside walls at the sides and back of the house. He strongly recommended for them to inject from the inside, then skim the walls afterwards. No big deal as we're going to have the whole house redecorated anyway. Obviously, the plastering would cost us a couple of hundred quid, but the insulation is free.

Does the plasterer have a point, or is this a massive over-reaction?

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
No he has a very valid point especially in view of the fact that you are doing internal work anyway & it is no difference to the installers so they should make good inside just as they would outside. I would not have thought it would necessitate the whole wall being skimmed, just patched. But tell them what you want ahead of time so that they bring the right materials with them.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back