CCTV 4 camera system

C

cabot

Im getting around to replacing my old system as well but looking at the market find it difficult until you go in to the small print whether or not AUDIO recording is included with only some cameras.
My present cameras have this feature and i dont want a system that doesn't have it .
Can anyone recommend a 4 camera system to fit to a bungalow.
It must have night vision,sound recording,approx 420,and come with a DVR which gives an audable signal that tells when a camera has been activated.

Sponsored Links
why audio?

its only the home kits that have audio, pro cctv kit does not have audio as there is no need for it.

how can you hear some one that you can see clearly 200yds away

Audio is a feature i'd like to keep as the location we are in is not well lit and is frequented by wildlife foxes cats birds etc.Having the audio gives us the addition of picking up voices.The cameras will be located approximately 10 feet off the ground therefore i would like to be in the position of picking up any sound so i can distinguish whether or not the camera activation is human or not. Just preference thats all.Can you recommend anything ? There is one main entrance and a rear garden which is very private and enclosed but not inpenetrable .

so i can distinguish whether or not the camera activation is human or not.

what if its a single person, who they going to talk to? so the camera will still see them but you will hear nothing. (because they say nothing)

Can you recommend anything ?
not with audio (i am not saying it doesnt exist, i just cant recomend anything)

Sponsored Links
The reason im trying to go down the audio route is primarily so i can hear at night whether or not one of my outbuildings are having their doors kicked in which may not be picked up by a camera with no audio provision.I have 2 sheds which are in the rear garden and can not due to their position be completely covered unless i erect a 20 pole at the foot of a very long rear garden and mount camera on top of it.Unfortunately thats not practical given problems with electricity supply and i dont want to go down the wireless route.The cameras might pick up something at night but certain sides of the sheds can be tampered without activating cameras View media item 6964 View media item 6965

The other thing is a camera may be activated at night by someone getting access down the left hand side of the rear garden from a footpath.By the time i have found out why it was activated in the first place they could be down at the foot of the garden next to a shed which is about 76 feet away in pitch black. If i have audio then i might be able to pick up noise which is obviously not being made by a cat etc. Its hard to see from the shrubbery but there is a garden hut situated down on the bottom left hand side

nice garden, what does it look like now? (pic says 2006)

I am not disputing that you want audio, i am merely saying as far as i have seen it is not used on pro kit, and so you cant have it on pro kit

who wants to sit listening to the wind all night anyway? (you will need to have the volume turned up to hear anything 24/7)

If it were me, i would fit an alarm to the shed. and a camera(s) looking at the shed

This one has one camera with audio

http://www.ebuyer.com/product/144062[/QUOTE]

no it doesn't

you miss read the spec's

DVR spec

# Simple to use and set up
# Ideal for replacing existing analogue CCTV viewing/recording equipment (Video Recorder, Quad, Mulitplexer units) or as the heart of a new system.
# Real Time Live Display of up to 4 cameras
# Real Time Triplex Recording of all cameras
# Audio recording of 1 camera

Camera spec

Technical Data:
Camera Type: Day/Night (Colour & B/W)
Image Sensor: Panasonic 1/4" CCD
DSP: Xvision XC1DN
Resolution: 420 TVL
Lens Size: Viewing Angle - 3.6mm (60°)
IR Nightvision Range: 10 metres
Min. Illumination: 0 lux / 0.5 lux
Audio: No

The DVR has the ability to record from one microphone, but none of the cameras have a microphone.
You would need to find a suitable (external use) microphone and amplifier and power supply (ok, it may be small, but you still have to find it) and you have to run another cable fom the microphone to the DVR as well as the camera / power cable

Hi

Like has been mentioned, most professional cameras are not fitted with audio.

However, as long as the DVR has audio inputs, could you not simply fit external mics where you want to pick up sound and connect them to the dvr and assign it to a camera?

I mean, a purpose built microphone will most likely have far better audio then any CCTV camera anyway.

Regards
James

..........However, as long as the DVR has audio inputs, could you not simply fit external mics where you want to pick up sound and connect them to the dvr and assign it to a camera?

Too slow

breezer said:
...........You would need to find a suitable (external use) microphone and amplifier and power supply (ok, it may be small, but you still have to find it) and you have to run another cable fom the microphone to the DVR as well as the camera / power cable

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back