CCTV advice please

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have recently refurbished my house. I have run Cat 5 cable to all the locations at the joist ends of the house where I wish to fit cameras. All the cat 5 cables run to a one point under my staircase where there is a power source and internet connection. I have the capacity to fit 8 x cameras in total, I plan to do the work myself.
  • The cameras are covering all areas around the house
  • I would like the cameras in black
  • I would like to record 24 hours per day onto an NVR
  • The property and surroundings have no street lights outside so is pitch black at night
  • I would like to be able to access the cameras/recordings via my phone/ipad
  • I would like a bullet camera to view a gate which is approx 20m from my house and turrets elsewhere
I have had a couple of quotes but am not really sure how to compare cameras/NVRs/are they quoting suitable eqpt for what I need, any advice would be appreciated. Thanks

Quote1
DS-7604NI-K1-4P - Hikvision DS7604NI-K1-4P(B) 4K capable 4 channel NVR with 4 port POE - Upto 8MP
HDD4TB - CCTV Class Hard Drive
DS-2CD2346G2-IU/B-28mm-BLACK - Hikvision DS-2CD2346G2-IU 4MP Turret Network
Camera
DS-2CD2686G2-IZS - HIKVISION DS2CD2686G2-IZS AcuSense Darkfighter IP Bullet camera
Quote2
Hikvision 8 channel NVR upto 8MP Camera recording with HDMI (4K output), VGA and 8 POE ports 2 SATA
Surveillance Grade 8TB Hard Drive supplied and fitted. Warranty Included with DVR (HDD 8TB)
Hikvision 4Mega IP Turret EXIR Dome Camera fixed 2.8mm Lens, IP67, DC12V & PoE, 40m. DS-2CD2345FWD-I(2.8MM) (HIK CAMi4 TUR)
Hikvision 4Mega IP Bullet EXIR Camera fixed 4mm Lens, IP67, DC12V & PoE, 50m IR. DS-2CD2T43G0-I5 4MM (HIK CAMI4 BUL 4MM 50M)

Quote 2 is approx £200 more

Sponsored Links
Give us a shout

firstly probably not a good idea to put accusense cameras on a K series.

You need to look at the right cameras in the right locations to do the right job

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back