HiWatch cctv

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Good morning

I have been looking for a mid range cctv kit with five cameras for home. I have read that hikvision are some of the best however they are a little pricey. I have also looked at Swann cameras however there is a lot of mixed advice with a lot of negativity.

I have come across HiWatch by hikvision and despite a bit of research on the internet there is not much information on them. I read somewhere they are quite new.

I was wondering if anyone had any experience of the kit and whether it would be suitable for a home security kit. It appears that they are similar cameras and kit with different logos and I’m assuming that they will use the same technology, possibly with cheaper parts.

I have copied the link below of the kit that I would be looking to get.

http://www.cctvtek.co.uk/_shop/5-ca...xir-turret-ip67-camera-8-ch-poe-nvr-cctv-kit/

Thanks in advance

Dan

Sponsored Links
I would also say the important thing is to decide what you want the camera for and make sure the camera is suitable for the job in hand.

IPVM.com has a calculator that can give you some idea on the cameras performance prior to purchasing.

also look at You tube videos for cameras day and night performance

Don't touch the hi watch stuff...it's no better than Swann........

Stick with Hik ....if if u want better again, go samsung wisenet....

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back