Which CCTV

This will help

To be honest I don't think it is 100% accurate as I can make out number plates from distance perfectly on my 4MP
Yes, did see that vid thats why I thought 8Mp but on reflection I will now go for 4MP which will be more than good enough for my needs.
Thank's Bri

Sponsored Links
Hi,

Did you decide what kit to get?
I'm in the throes of setting up an Hikvision kit. 2 DS-2CD2355FWD 4mm 5MP turret cameras with a DS-7608NI-K2/8p NVR. All from https://www.cctvtek.co.uk/
Only ordered the 4 port NVR but they sent the 8 port, same price. Got the cameras working but can't change their ip addresses via the nvr, seems the new firmware won't allow it but they work ok under PNP. Just need to get them installed in a permenant position now. Also got access with the phones using Hik-Connect. Just can't get the nvr to send an email alert as yet, tried a few addesses but it won't send, just keeps saying check the smtp system???

Bri

Just an update, both cameras are now up and running and the system is just what I had hoped for. Not too wide an angle that over looks the neighbours and good clear video both day and night. The set up was plug and play, just plug them into the poe ports and they where soon configured and working. Hik-Connect works a treat and I also used BT Ethernet plugs to get direct contact with my Virgin Media router which is down stairs. I can log into the NVR and view the video output but I do have to use the Safari browser for this as Firefox and the Google browser won't load the plugin to view the video.
I used cat6 solid copper patch cable and cut these to connect to a face plate. A word of warning here, the cameras come with a cover thats just twist and lock for the J45 plug for a complete weather seal. If as i did, left the molded J45 in place, the twist and lock cover will not fit, there just isn't enough room. They will be ok with your own fitted J45 plugs but as I didn't have any for cat 6 solid copper I have omitted the twist and lock cover as the connections are in a wall mounted weatherproof junction box which I hope will suffice. The worst job was crawling over fibreglass in the loft to retrieve the cable, the rest was a nice easy job. The one thing I'm not over keen on, is the fans, two off, on the NVR. They are a bit noisy but as its set up in the spare small bedroom, its not a problem for me but could be if you use the same room.

Bri

Sponsored Links
If you use gmail for example ... there is a setting in account settings on gmail that allows other devices to send mail from your account ... that's assuming your using something like smtp.google.com as your mail server.

If you use gmail for example ... there is a setting in account settings on gmail that allows other devices to send mail from your account ... that's assuming your using something like smtp.google.com as your mail server.
Thanks, I will look into that.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back