CCTV Camera - Xvision XPB750WIR

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Anyone got anything to say about the Xvision XPB750WIR?

I need to catch someone keying my car but cant park it nearer then about 40m away.

I understand that its not going to pick up a key but a face would be good.

I spoke to Xvision today and they said the above camera will do the job easily but Id like to know if anyone on the ground has used/installed one.

http://www.xvision.com/product.php?xProd=7&xSec=4

Cheers

Sponsored Links
I've never seen one before but the specs look okay...

You'll never see a face if they're wearing a hoodie or cap! :(

With the lens a maximum zoom - 6 degrees - you'll get a field of view of about 4m at a distance of 40m. This means that a face will be about a twentieth of the width of the screen. That's about 35 of your 700tvl and you're not going to get much detail from that, even if your DVR is up to the task. If the perp is walking towards the camera, you're in with a chance as long as they don't walk out of shot.

That's the trouble with CCTV - if you set the lens wide, you can see everything but with no detail. If you zoom in, you can get plenty of detail, providing it's looking the right way.

You can get both if you use a megapixel camera... but a respray of the car would probably be cheaper!! :eek:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back