CCTV cover area of ground

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello guys.

I am looking at a CCTV camera. Here are part of the relevant specifications for my question:

Image Sensor: 1/2.9" Progressive Scan CMOS

Video Resolution: 2MP (1920*1080)

Angle of View/Lens: 82.2°3.6mm

Number of Infra-Red LEDs: 12 pcs

Day and Night Function: Support IR-CUT.

My front garden is 5.650 metres. Please advise whether 'Angle of View/Lens: 82.2°3.6mm', would encroach the boundaries of neighbours left and right. It appears to to me it will not, but I am unsure. Thank you.

Sponsored Links
you've said how long the garden is, but not how wide (or is it the reverse?).

It seems to be to want to draw a triangle, with the apex at 82.2°, and, with the length representing the length of your garden, see it it becomes wide enough to encroach on the neighbours

If it does, you could fit flaps or baffles or "barn doors" to screen the neighbours gardens.

use ipvm calculator as a guide, load up google maps of the property and select the camera

you've said how long the garden is, but not how wide (or is it the reverse?).

It seems to be to want to draw a triangle, with the apex at 82.2°, and, with the length representing the length of your garden, see it it becomes wide enough to encroach on the neighbours

If it does, you could fit flaps or baffles or "barn doors" to screen the neighbours gardens.
.?
Never heard of on screen privacy masking ?

Sponsored Links
As sparky says, much better to use screen privacy in the cameras. You can't use baffles with IR as they will reflect it into the lens.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back