Cctv images

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have Sony Starvis IMX290 Hi Definition 1080P 2.13 Mega Pixels CCTV Cameras,I purchased these as they give full colour night vision with low levels of lighting. The problem I have is anything moving is blurred and appears to drag the image behind, so if a person walks into view they leave a ghost image behind which follows them. Once still the images are clear but moving is blurred.I've tried in black and white, it's marginally better but I'm still getting the same issues on all 5 cameras, not sure what to change. AGC set to 0 and sens up is off but in colour this makes the image to dark and if they are set higher the images are grainy/snowy.

Sponsored Links
Sens up will cause this effect , are they actually Sony products or some cheap brand claiming to be Sony ?

The Sony 1080P 2.8-12.0mm Varifocal 30m IR Ball Dome support the SONY IMX290 chipset giving the camera superb image quality.The STARVIS uses back-illuminated pixel technology giving superb colour night time images in low light level conditions with the ability to read vehicle number plates at night which most normal IR cameras can not achieve. Please click the link to look at these fantastic image comparisons.

Taken off their website, Cctvfirst, the cameras have Longse on them?
I visited there shop with images of where I would put the cameras and measurements of areas I wanted to cover and what I wanted to achieve. The guy suggested these and said they would be sufficient for what I wanted.
Im a novice other than reading up on the Internet, so I'm still a novice but as they are only 45mins down the road I thought better than online and they have been there a while. Im trying different lighting but not getting much help from the shop. I'm not sure what all the different settings do so I'm reluctant to mess with them too much but I have picked up some bits.

Reset the camera via the onscreen menu ....see what that is like in the day and at night ....the problem with some cameras they may have a good chipset but if they don't have an ir filter and cheap lens your wasting your money ...

Sponsored Links
I'll certainly give it ago.
Key Features:
• 1/2.8 Sony IMX290 2.13 mega pixel cmos sensor
• TVI, AHD, CVI, Analogue Video output selectable.
• Resolution: 1920 x 1080 pixels, 1080P HD
• Varifocal 2.8-12.0mm Megapixel Lens
• IP66 rated can be used indoor or outdoor
• 24pcs x 14µ IR Led for night vision
• Fitted with IR cut filter for crisper night time images
• 12v DC 700ma consumption IR on
• Industry standard connections, BNC video out, DC socket 12v DC power in.
• OSD On screen display allowing the picture parameters to be individually adjusted.

They do have a IR cut filter.

Thanks for the reply.

I'll certainly give it ago.
Key Features:
• 1/2.8 Sony IMX290 2.13 mega pixel cmos sensor
• TVI, AHD, CVI, Analogue Video output selectable.
• Resolution: 1920 x 1080 pixels, 1080P HD
• Varifocal 2.8-12.0mm Megapixel Lens
• IP66 rated can be used indoor or outdoor
• 24pcs x 14µ IR Led for night vision
• Fitted with IR cut filter for crisper night time images
• 12v DC 700ma consumption IR on
• Industry standard connections, BNC video out, DC socket 12v DC power in.
• OSD On screen display allowing the picture parameters to be individually adjusted.

They do have a IR cut filter.

Thanks for the reply.

One thing I will say when viewed through the app on my phone or Ipad image looks better but if I upload from dvr to memory stick playback on pc is poor? Facial recognition would be difficult?

play back is okay on your app but poor on your pc?

what about playback on a tv using nvr?

Poor on the TV using dvr too. I have it connected via hdmi to 47" lcd TV and thought it was down to the screen size.Snap shots and play back poor from dvr, live is marginally better. Anything still is very clear, reg plates etc but movement day and night is not good.

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back