cctv kits, choice beween two.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi all, been reading alot about cctv and cameras and DVRs. see alot of knowledgeable people on here so thought id ask the question.

I would like a 4 camera set up to cover driveway / front door / back garden / side garden, back door

if my budget could stretch id like to have 6 cameras and cover a room in the house and side of the house.

budget is around £400 which doesnt seem alot.

Love the idea of being able to log in on tablet, phone and you can see whos around the house etc

i appreciate for £400 im not going to be able to get a company in to fit a decent quality kit, but wondering whether i can get one and fit myself.

lots of unbranded kit on ebay which varies alot in price...

the systems i have in mind are as follows:

1 TB DVR
700 TVL Sony Effio Exview HAD QVIS 4 Camera CCTV System

or
Sony 600TVL essential system, 1TB DVR
this one i can get 6 dome camera for just over £400

or
Samsung SDE-3170 4 Channel + 4 x Cameras + 17 inch LCD Monitor All-in-One System

or one im leaning towards the Hikvision
1 x Hikvision 4 channel D1 realtime recording DVR model DS-7204HFI-SH
4 x Hikvision external grade 600 line IR Dome cameras with 2.8-12mm vari-focal lenses (4 x DS-2CE5582P-VFIR3 600 line Dome IR cameras
2 x 15meter plug & play lead
2 x 20 meter plug & play lead
1 x 3 amp 12v power adapter with 4 way output

speaking to the dealers, the hikvison has been reccomended to me even though they said the sony qvis wasnt a bad system, but he said the hikvision does more and you rwont regret it etc.

i was concerned about mounting under the eves of the house (two storey) and he said they should give you a good image.

Sponsored Links
Just fitted a hikvision dvr pretty good for a buget dvr supports 960 h cameras remote set up good with free DNS .

Just fitted a hikvision dvr pretty good for a buget dvr supports 960 h cameras remote set up good with free DNS .

ok great, was it the same model system as above, can i aks where it was bought from?

thanks

Sponsored Links
Dynamic-cctv

ok thanks, do you mind if i ask howmuch you paid for it and the spec you go, website says you have to log in for prices.

ah just seen there a trade company and im not an installer as its my own house.

100mts CCTV Coaxial RG59 + 2 Core Twin Flex Power - shotgun
SS-DCM Power Connector – Male
RGL1240-8 4A 8 0.5A Output Fused 12V DC - Wall Mounted PSU
Samsung SRD-443 DVR Unit – D1 and 960H – No HDD Fitted
500GB Seagate Video HDD – AV Rated 0.5TB Approved Drive - Fitted
BLACK SS-DVJ30-70A Dome Camera– 700TVL Sony Effio-E CCD 1/3”
WHITE SS-DVJ30-70A Dome Camera– 700TVL Sony Effio-E CCD 1/3”
Crimp BNC Connector – 3 Piece For Coaxial Cables

Above (3CAMS) for £383.93 delivered
selecsystems.co.uk

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back