Cctv / security cam wireless storage w/o the buildings wi-fi

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
we have a security issue at work.
Card access unit but with many open areas plus some locked doors
Items are going missing

Our IT department is very territorial about allowing access. Connecting a device to the network isn't easy without much negotiation.

Looking for a way of using a small camera that doesn't either only record to an internal HDD or use the house wi-fi to send footage to a remote recorder.

Any suggestions?

I have a small cheap camera and an analogue tax/RX that maybe I could set upbut is there a ready built system that's affordable?

Ideally a sort of nanny cam set up but that can use a TX to send images to a nearby recorder?

TIA

Sponsored Links
aren't you allowed a webcam?

I have one, and the app has motion sensor to start recording.

Wireless ring doorbell that sends a motion alert and you can then watch/record the action on phone/tablet?

Sponsored Links
Theft at work is a management issue. This is not something for staff to organise. Senior management should instruct the IT department to install suitable monitoring.

There are signs all over the place . Loads of cameras. 300+ acres.
A full security office (who are useless) of over 50 plus reluctant IT staff.

We would have to pay security extra to add cameras, in the thousands and it would take months.
I asked for a suspect door lock to be changed, 16 days ago marked URGENT and apart from a request for my internal charge code (within 15 mins) no action on behalf of estates.

It's my job, as instructed by my senior management to source a solution.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back