cctv and alarm system

Sponsored Links
I've been very happy with my Hikvision kit, but for me the value was really being able to use the Surveillance Station app on my Synology NAS which makes the process of detecting and searching for events easy. It also allows me to remove activation zones from the scan, so that passing cars don't trigger recording. You only get two free licenses, so this would limit you to 2 cameras. It actually works out almost as cost effective to by a second small backup NAS if you want another 2 cameras.

I have one camera internally covering the main open plan living area and rear garden and one camera covering the front drive. I'm considering adding another 2, but really can't see where I'd put them.

I have the cameras writing to my main NAS and I have a remote backup NAS doing a daily backup. I also have a 10 minute backup of the media folder, so the chances of them getting in a swiping my main nas before its synched is limited.

What you really want to do is catch someone casing your property before they attempt to break in.

I'm also looking at connecting the cctv to the alarm via the alarm input and then I can capture the alarm events on my Surveillance app.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back