Recommend a new hikvision system

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Look for some recommendations for upgrading my cctv

I currently have a 4 camera hikvision system and am looking to upgrade to a new 8 channel NVR

looking to use my 4 old cameras and add 4 new ones using.

can anyone recommend an 8 channel NRV
And 4 new cameras
Possible one being a mini PTZ?

Looking to get the best picture quality I can
But would be great to get advice first.

also any recommendations on best settings for cameras to get the best quality

All cams will be networked with cat6 and POE

Sponsored Links
Cameras need to be specified based on the job they need to do.

To get the best out of a camera you need to make sure the NVR bandwidth is sufficient, this will depend on frame rate and resolution and if you apply compression, adding some compressions can affect how some features work.

Light and electrical interreference probably contribute to image quality after the quality of the camera.

Ie poor light, grainy image at night time (unlikely on most modern IP cameras now).

Electrical interreference is probably more common and routing cables well can avoid this completely.

Having seen 7 cameras on an 8 Channel NVR exceed its bandwidth, you might want to consider a 16 Channel unit, this all comes down to what you have on it.
Seen people not exceed the bandwidth with 7 cameras on 4K resolution but they have compromised elsewhere, but that is there choice and why we were more expensive than those awarded the job.

Color Vu cameras are good, although I would recommend turning the led light down as far as necessary to get get full colour decent picture, as fog can give a lot of bounce back, but the LED light is only needed where there is no other light available, they need very little light.

Hi thanks for this information

definitely something to think about have you any recommendations on the best NVR that will be good for 4K and or cams

also what would be a good setting for things like frame rate and resolution? I currently have issues with what I call ghosting some movement records blurry on movement could be the bandwidth or hard drive?

Sponsored Links
Cameras need to be specified for the job.

Don't know the job so can't be specific on the cameras, based on the cameras you can look at NVR to support them and suitable size survalience grade hard drive

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back