Hikvision and UTC question

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm looking to upgrade my daughters CCTV system shortly, I am going to replace the DVR and the 4 Cameras, I was hoping to leave the old cables in situ as it would be a pig of a job to run new ones.
They are a co-ax and a power cable.
I'm thinking of a Hikvision Turbo 3 DS-7204HUHI-F1/S with a 4TB HDD and 3 Hikvision cameras with 2.8 - 12mm lens and 1 fixed 2.8 mm lens.
The new Hikvision VF cameras seem to have a motorised zoom, rather than the two Allen key adjustments for zoom and focus.
How easy is it to setup the cameras using the UTC (up the coax) controller and is the controller camera specific or can you use any UTC controller?

Sponsored Links
It's done from the Dvr menu ....it's not autofocus on the hik cameras , so you have to ajust zoom and focus from the ptz menu , needs setting to hik utc in menu

It's done from the Dvr menu ....it's not autofocus on the hik cameras , so you have to ajust zoom and focus from the ptz menu , needs setting to hik utc in menu

Thanks for the reply, so just to clarify, you don't need a separate in-line controller, it can all be done via the DVR if everything is Hikvision.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back