Hikvision Connect

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have recently added a new camera to my Hikvision CCTV system. The camera is operational and I can view it when accessing the DVR directly, however, I have been unable to add it to the Hikvision Connect app on my iPhone. I have tried refreshing the cameras list, turning the DVR box on and off to recycle it, scanning the QR code again but nothing seems to work.

The DVR is model DS-7208HQHI-F1 and the camera is DS-2CE72DFT-F.

Any idea's how I can fix it?

Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
create a hik connect account online
Check the DVR is online for Hik connect

once you can see its online for hik connect you can add it to the hik connect app use qr code, you may need to use the verification code on the DVR to set it up in hik connect

Thanks for the reply Secureiam. The DVR is online for HIK Connect because I can view all of the existing camera's with no issues. Does the new camera need certain configuration on the DVR to somehow enable it or make it visible on the HIK Connect app?

Sponsored Links
I have tried logging out and logging in again a couple of times but the new camera isn't displayed in the 'My Device' list

I've managed to resolve it by accessing the settings and going to 'linked camera' then ensuring the channel wasn't hidden. It's working now. Thanks as always for your help.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back