CCTV

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, I am thinking about fitting a CCTV system just 2 camera, no idea how, Due to age and disability IE: crawling around in a loft fitting wires, I am thinking about a wireless set up any thoughts please. If money was no object I would have a system fitted but on a government pension, no chance.

Sponsored Links
Most wireless cameras are not true wireless they need power so you still need to get a cable to them.

Like above no camera will be wireless as you have to get power to it if you get power to it you may as well run it wired for reliability. Do you have no agile kids/grand children who can do the hard work for you :D

Hi BIANCO, makes sense I will stick to wired, thanks for your help.

Sponsored Links
Hi lamchamps, yes makes sense, I will go for wired. I have 3 sons who have given me 9 grandchildren so all have 2 jobs each to pay the bills, but I'm sure I can drag them round, should only take a few hours to fit, I hope. Thanks for your help.

There are many battery WiFi CCtV systems out there but most CCTV is mounted high and in unreachable places so every couple of months you need to get the ladder out to change the battery’s. Also most will quote a run time without the camera recording 24/7 so while that one you posted says 6 months battery time if you wish to keep recording for longer periods that will be more likely 1-2 months battery time. In my opinion for all the effort of battery changing it is just not worth it.

Sorry for thread bump!.

I'm fitting two Arlo's tomorrow, the trick is to fit them where they are accessible by an upstairs window, negates having to drag the ladders out every 6 months!.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back