Smart CCTV recommendations.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

Thinking about adding CCTV to my home, originally thought about just a smart cam such as Nest or Hive; however a dedicated cctv would probably be better

Requirements:

- 4 cameras should suffice
- Good quality, no cheap rubbish
- Facility to watch both live stream and recorded stream via a smart phone from anywhere in the world
- Main recorder must be wireless (to view footage on phones), as thinking I would install box in the loft and can’t get Ethernet from router to the loft.

Don’t know anything about CCTV systems so have no idea what is good and what isn’t - hence asking the experts.

Budget wise, don’t know...would £400 get a decent system?

I would likely be installing myself as well so don’t need to include installation costs in the above budget.

Thank you.

Sponsored Links
Not seen many wireless DVRs/NVR The better option would be Powerline adaptor to get the internet into the loft. I have a Hikvision setup and does everything you would require quality is excellent and very reliable.

Hi

- 4 cameras should suffice
- Good quality, no cheap rubbish
- Facility to watch both live stream and recorded stream via a smart phone from anywhere in the world
- Main recorder must be wireless (to view footage on phones), as thinking I would install box in the loft and can’t get Ethernet from router to the loft.

Budget wise, don’t know...would £400 get a decent system?

Thank you.

Personally I would use a Hikvision POC system as this gives the best value for money IMO. I've never seen a wireless Dvr though so as above use powerline adapters.

Prices approx;
Dvr £90
2TB Hardrive £60
4 Cameras £160
Cable £30
Crimps + BNC's £25

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back