ceiling cabling

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
heya

i am planing to fit a extractor fan onto a existing light. i am all happy with the location of the fan and the connections etc but the physical wiring has me a lil confused

is running cableing above the ceiling simelar to running them underfloor? ie attached 50mm high on joists.

i guess i am trying to conserve the ceiling if i can. i would ideally like to cut a groove and add a conduit but am not sure if that is acceptable in a celing

thx for any help :)

Sponsored Links
Er, is this a top floor room? If so, do you have access to the ceiling void from above, e.g. in a loft space?

no, its a room in a basement flat, so there is no overhead access. The neighbour upstairs has a tiled floor as well so i cant get thru there either

Putting the cable into conduit will just reduce its current carrying capacity. Can't you just draw it across where you need it to go and leave it at that?

Sponsored Links
how do u mean draw it across? like just feed it over the ceiling

that certainly seems the easiest way
thx for ur help :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back