Cable routing in vaulted ceiling

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, This is my first post.
I want to wire a wall socket into an area that has a newly vaulted ceiling that has been created within an existing extension. The nearest ring main supply is exiting through the corner of the vault bulkhead and so is above normal ceiling height. I am planning on extending the ring main down to a wall socket with spur running off of it. The wall socket will be located diagonally below where the ring main exits the bulkhead. What are the rules regard cable routing? I am considering running the cables from the wall socket up to normal ceiling height then either hoizontally (or vertically?) across the wall to where the ring main exits the bulkhead. All cables in conduit of course.
Any advise please on whether this route would acceptable?
Note. The location is a kitchen, and the work will be inspected to ensure it meets part P.

Sponsored Links
What are the rules regard cable routing?
//www.diynot.com/wiki/electrics:walls

No. Unless you mean earthed steel conduit.

Note. The location is a kitchen, and the work will be inspected to ensure it meets part P.
When you applied for Building Regulations approval, what did you say would be the way that you would ensure compliance with Part P, and what did the council say they would do and/or you must do about inspection, testing and certification?

Sponsored Links
What are the rules regard cable routing?
//www.diynot.com/wiki/electrics:walls
A great set of diagrams and links. Thanks!

No. Unless you mean earthed steel conduit.
... or buired more than 50mm below surface level; if I understand the links correctly?

When you applied for Building Regulations approval, what did you say would be the way that you would ensure compliance with Part P, and what did the council say they would do and/or you must do about inspection, testing and certification?
I told the council that someone who is not part P registed would be doing the work.
The council said someone from a subcontractor company would come out to inspect and certify the work. So far I have had no contact with the company. The council said the company should be calling me soon to make arrangements.

Cheers

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back