Ceiling Fan with double pole switch

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have pre wired my Conservatory with 1.5mm lighting cable off of the existing house lighting circuit and cabled ready for a new switch. Now I have purchased the ceiling fan, it states it should only be fitted with a double pole switch with minimum 3mm contact space. Does this mean I should have wired into the ring main instead of the lighting circuit? If it is still OK on the lighting circuit can somebody tell me how I should now connect it up to a double pole switch? I am assuming that both the switch wire and the neutral return have to be switched. Is that correct or have I got this completely wrong? Thanks.

Sponsored Links
For the sake of your family; why don't you DIY the painting and decorating and call an electrician?

The ceiling fan is just a normal one called Cobra Elite made by Westinghouse, with 48inch fan and three 50W bulbs.

Sponsored Links
icant really c the point of a double pole switch on this fan/light(the fan :idea: ) however if the manufact. spec.says so nothing wrong with putting it on yr lighting circuit.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back