Double pole and triple pole

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
What is the practical difference between double pole and triple pole switches?. My question relates to toilet and bathroom fans switching. I hear that you need a triple pole switch for fans like these but the instruction sheet of the fan I bought says it needs a double pole fused spur, is it the same as using a double pole fused switch? The contacts on my fan are: Neutral, Switched live and Permanent live.

This fan can be connected to either a pullcord or a light switch. Does anybody know if there are wiring diagrams for fans in this site?

Ta

Sponsored Links
The Isolator is to isolate all live conductors to the fan.

If the fan does not have a timer over-run then a DP switch is fine as it will isolate both the live conductors (live and neutral)

If the fan does have a timer over run then you must use a TP isolator to isolate three live conductors (permanant live, switched live and neutral)

There are diagrams in the FAQ / wiki

Is it the same case for fans connected to lights and separately?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back