ceiling paper

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi to All I could do with some tips on hanging paper On My Daughters bedroom ceiling. She had a leaking roof which has left it stained and one sheet hanging. Could i replace the sheet on its own or do i replace the lot ? 2 what sort of glue do i need.whats the best way to stick it to the ceiling. Note I have never done wallpapering,so all advice,appreciated.

Sponsored Links
You need to fix the leak, fix the ceiling and then apply a stain block to prevent the stain (Tannin's) from coming back through the paper and paint.

Images help us give good advice on these situations but if you have never hung wallpaper, papering a ceiling is not the best place to start as a first attempt and getting a guy in would be a cheaper option.

But, if you want to 'have a go' you have several choices... You can either, dampen the hanging paper and leave it to soak for 5-10 mins if its not dry/brittle and try sticking it back with some standard wallpaper paste, failing that you could attempt removing a strip and trying to match in but to be honest if the ceiling has been painted it will be a road to disaster, especially if its away from the wall i.e. its the second length etc in from the wall, or you can remove all the wallpaper, bear in mind it could be an absolute nightmare to remove in places but once you start you just have to plug away at it, then you will have to either repair any damage found i.e. cracks, scraper digs etc, if its chaulky seal it with a pva glue or size and either line it with some grade 1000,1200 lining paper or if its really rough use a blown vinyl fresco type paper.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back