Ceiling patch problem.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,I have a ceiling,previously Artex ,which has been skimmed over 18 months ago.
A small patch began to bubble so I rubbed it down but the area of paint came off.I was advised to fill this and then this was sealed and painted over,very thinly,with 3 coats of paint to blend it in with the rest of the ceiling.After a few days the paint on the area surrounding the filled part(which is perfect!)has begun to ripple with small cracks.I have tried painting these with Johnson's primer but the cracks are showing again!
Is there anything I can paint over these ripples which will allow me to paint over the area with the same matt paint as the rest of the ceiling?I can live with the ripples but not the cracks.I daren't try to rub them down or I may have an even bigger area of disaster!!!
Any ideas will be very gratefully received! I am close to panic!

Sponsored Links
You can get crack resisting paints for ceilings that are rubbery. They are not expensive (no daylight rubbery).

It's usually something to do with water. What's directly above?

Sponsored Links
Hi,
Loft above but no water leak and ceiling dry.
I wondered if it was something in that patch of Artex coming through ?It's driving me mad.
I will try the Wikes flexible paint as you suggested.Will I be able to paint over it with the original matt paint do you know?
I appreciate your help.

Might be the pva used to bond the skim onto the artex...coming through.Try asking in the plastering forum for more opinions :idea:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back