Problems with ceiling

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Wondering if anyone has any advice and help.

I started to repaint my living room ceiling and no problems until I reached a crack down the middle of the ceiling, so I polyfilled it and sanded it down ready for painting, as the paint dried there were patches and marked that started to appear so I again waited for the paint to dry then filled and sanded but yet again the marks and patches reappeared not only on the area with the crack but on other areas on the ceiling.

At this point I’m pretty much frustrated with it and will give you some background info house was skimmed 5 years ago, I have painted the entire house with the same paint and all other ceilings and walls are absolutely fine. I even purchased a powerful sander and lost count how many times I have sanded down and polyfilled area on ceiling and issue so remains. I’ve even changed the paint to ceiling paint but no better. I have attached a few pictures.

I’m thinking to re skim the ceiling to get rid of this issue but I’m unsure.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back