cellar ceiling ventilation

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi. I am looking for ideas on what to fix to the underside of the cellar ceiling joists (above are the dining room floorboards) to allow maximum ventilation whilst still hiding the pipes and wires. Is there something like the hardboard radiator grille with pattened cutouts but a bit more rigid? I don't want to fit anything solid as the airbricks which provide the main source of ventilation for the cellar are at the same level as the joists and if I fully enclose the ceiling it will block off the cellar itself from the airbricks.

Any ideas anyone?

Thanks
Keith

Sponsored Links
Have you room to add battens to the joists?
If so you can leave 12" gaps in them every so often to allow airflow?

I have no idea if that would work, just an idea.

Sponsored Links
Have you room to add battens to the joists?
If so you can leave 12" gaps in them every so often to allow airflow?

I have no idea if that would work, just an idea.

Hi. Not really.The ceiling was plasterboarded and that meant I was brushing against it. I've considered lowering the floor but that's a lot of effort and would only gain a couple of inches-hence the idea of something like radiator grille material which is relatively thin and "holey".

Thanks for your interest.

Keith

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back