Cellulose Paint

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there,
Thankyou for taking the time to read my 'Cry For Help'. I am due to move into a new house. All the woodwork and doors have been painted using CELLULOSE PAINT. I need to know whether or not this is hazordous to health and whether that hazard would be increased by sanding everything down. I understand that lead paint is very dangerous once you start to sand it and that the particles can stay in a house for a vey long time. Is this the same for CELLULOSE PAINT as I don't think that it is really made for use in places of residence?

If anyone can help me then please e-mail me at [email protected]

Thank you for your time

Rachel

Sponsored Links
Bear in mind that cellulose paint was mainly used in the motor trade, its main features being speed of drying, durabilty and finish. Although unusual in household paintwork, it probably exists on some of your other household goods...

So long as you exercise normal precautions when preparing the surface for refinishing it does not pose any greater threat than standard oil paint.

Hi, most kitchen cuboard doors are painted
with cellulose based paint,mainly used for their drying times.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back