Celotex in cavity before fitting windows?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi.
After hacking off the internal plaster, my builder has fitted bits of celotex foam board (with foil on the front and back faces) into the cavity at the windows.

So, where there's a window, having hacked off the plaster it was possible to look into the cavity. He's put some bits of celotex into the cavity on both the left hand side and the right hand side. He's put a bit of damp proof course material between the celotex and the outside skin. He's done this for most of the windows but a couple of windows he hasn't put any celotex there. Is this a sensible thing to do? I'm asking for two reasons: he hasn't done this for all the window openings (most of them but not all of them) and he hasn't put any celotex in the cavity under the windows.

I'm having new windows fitted soon. Should I put celotex board into the cavity in the other windows and should I put it int he cavity under the windows (as well as on the sides)?

Thanks for any advice you can offer.

Sponsored Links
how would you propose putting it in the cavity under the windows? are there no cills?

Yes they should all be treated in the same manner as he has done the others.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back