Celotex to resolve condensation in loft

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, it's that time of year again and on enetering my loft the other day noticed that the condensation is getting worse. One side is literally dripping wet. I've had a builder over today and he had a look and hadn't seen anything like it before. He suggested a possibility of fixing Celotex between the rafters to deflect the heat away from the felt as he felt that increasing the airflow with some vent tiles may not resolve. Does this sound a good possibility. He did say we'd buy couple of sheets first to try it out before spending too much on something that wouldn't work. Really do need a resolution soon as it is getting so wet up there I'm worried the damp will start workinh through the ceilings (it already is in the corners of one bedroom)

Sponsored Links
Condensation is simple to avoid in roof's you need to make sure the existing ventilation is working correctly (ie not blocked) and/or increase the ventilation. Adding insulation at rafter level is the last thing you should be doing.

So that option is a definite no go then? Builder was going to try a couple of sheets in one area to see if it worked first but form what you're saying that would just be wasting money?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back