celotex wall insulation

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i want to insulate the walls of my conservatory using celotex .
can any one tell me when fixing round electric sockets ,do i add insulation as a tight fit or do i leave spaces. also do i push insulation hard against eternal wall or do i leave a gap.do i need vapour barrier.

any help would be great

thanks

Sponsored Links
you'll need a vapour barrier, you can buy plasterboards with this pre-fitted and moisture resistant. If you make sure the electric cable is not totaly surround by insulation i'e laid with on side with one side exposed, should not effect the cables current carrying capacity. but do get insulation as tight to boxes as you can or you may feel a draft coming through the socket outlets.
Tape the celotex joints with self adhesive aluminium foil tape, this will give a good seal.

thanks for your reply. i have bought a plasterboard called called gyproc thermaline which is also insulated would this act as vapour barrier. and do i need a gap between the exterior wall and the celotex.
thanks again

Sponsored Links
Hi Roblow

How did you get on? Insulating our conservatory will be our next project.

I've just renovated my entire house using Gyproc Thermaline Plus 50mm on the inside of the external walls and it is absolutely magic. My house was built in 1895 with no cavities so I had to do something sensible and this was it. It also has vapour barrier built in.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back