Garage Conversion Directions maybe?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have just started my garage conversion on my tandem garage. As i am only converting half of it. I have currently laid a floating floor with dpm,100mm celotex an then 22mm chipboard flooring glued together.Now I am about to build and insulate my walls, i was planning on making stud walls from 4x2 with 100mm celotex inserted inbetween the studs. Heres my questions do i still need a vapour barrier as the celotex is foil backed and acts as a vapour barrier no?? my other dilema is on one wall of the garage is a window inbetween 2 brick piers. The other piers in the garage i was going to box in and insulate with 50mm celotex but i cant do that around the window as the time i put 50mm celotex on the pier and then plasterboard they will overlap the the window any help would be great.

Sponsored Links
I am going to make a 4x2 stud wall decide between garage an new room. With fireproof plasterboard on eitherside with fire door and frame then will be skimmed to that should satisfy regs I also have a 4 inch step up into the new room.

you really need to contact your building regs as you need to satisfy there requirements they are all different
you should have already contacted them before any construction takes place to check there requirements :D

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back