Single brick wall (studwork/insulation)

RMS

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

I have a single brick wall in my garage. Other walls are joined to the house. Garage door is insulated type.

I am proposing to fit studwork a few inch away from the single brick wall. Fit 50mm celotex foil backed insulation board within the studwork then plaster board. (The type with the built in vapour barrier)

Does this seems acceptable?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Does this seems acceptable?

Acceptable for what?

If you're thinking of complying with insulation regs for external walls (U-value 0.two-eight), that probably wouldn't achieve it - you'd need around 70mm thickness.

But if you're not bothered about building regs, then what you propose would still give considerable improvement.

Not wanting to achieve compliance with building regulations. Just want to ensure my method won't create any problems.

So single brick wall, cavity, studwork (will use pressure treated), insulation and then finally plasterboard with built in vapour barrier will be okay?

Not wanting to achieve compliance with building regulations.
You do know that it's a legal requirement, and that questions about work which needed to comply could well have to be answered if you sell the property?

Sponsored Links
Not wanting to achieve compliance with building regulations.
You do know that it's a legal requirement, and that questions about work which needed to comply could well have to be answered if you sell the property?

I don't think there are any rules for insulating a garage wall.
If he wants to keep his car warm, what's the problem?

It's not a detached outbuilding, so the regs for renovating thermal elements apply.

There must be a reason I thought he was going to heat it.

When I find it I'll let you know.

:oops:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back