Cement rendering for pond

Everything I mix when rendering I use a bucket and mix ratio's of sand,cement. lime by the bucket, and the additives, by what they say on the containers...

Roy is spot on with his advice above!!!!
Never guess a mix,, if you "measure " the quantities of, (sand,cement lime, additives, (liquid or powder) etc),, you'll always get a consistent mix, colour, etc.

Sponsored Links
Everything I mix when rendering I use a bucket and mix ratio's of sand,cement. lime by the bucket, and the additives, by what they say on the containers...

Roy is spot on with his advice above!!!!
Never guess a mix,, if you "measure " the quantities of, (sand,cement lime, additives, (liquid or powder) etc),, you'll always get a consistent mix, colour, etc.

I was shovelling the sand out of the bulk bag into the buckets, and sometimes it took 4 shovel fulls and sometimes 5 to fill the bucket.It just goes to show you can never be consistent with shovelling straight into the mixer ;)

Thanks Guys.

As predicted, it rained over the weekend I had planned to do it.

I got a Sunday afternoon to do it the next weekend though. Did the 1 coat of slurry and allowed to dry. Then another coat of slurry and a 3:1 render with fibre glass. I found the 2nd coat of slurry dried too quick, so I just painted a couple of feet and then applied the render directly onto the wet slurry. Time will tell; I have to wait 3 weeks apparently before I can apply my waterproofing.

Now I just have to apply a screed to the floor. Any tips? What's the difference between a screed and a topping?

Thanks

Dave

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back