CentraJet 13/17 Oil boiler problem... PLEASE HELP

oilman said:
If the joints are dry, put the cover back on. You will be lucky to get anyone till next year nw, though I could come up by train I suppose.

ok, ill put the cover back on, silcone where it was sealed before, and guess it wil have to wait till the new year...

Just out of interest....

Is this Fuzzy stuff normal.... to me im thinking perhaps thats where a leak is happeng, hence the Fuzzyness....

Any ideas whats worst case scenario with this smell.... is it safe to leave on all day / night....

P.S. .... where abt you at Oilman....might be worth me paying the train fair..... i at least owe you a pint for the advice....

Many thanks...

MA

Sponsored Links
Putting my unprofessional hat on, if the joints are fuzzy, either you have had a bit to drink, or it hasn't been serviced properly for quite a while, as the joints have to be undone to remove the burner. That's why it's a horrid boiler.

Unless it smells strongly when it's off and the cover's off, I should put it back together (don't bother suing me if it catches fire though, I don't really exist) and wait till next year.

Nice disclaimer.... Dont worry ill not hold you responsible for anything....

After all if im daft enough (or desperate enough) to do fixes on my boiler myself then so be it...

Anyway, Onto the Fuzzy bit.... Not had a drop all night, so must be the pipe work... It was services 18 mnths ago....

Ill try explain the fuzzy.... its like a white/green hard moss like stuff.... pretty much as you get on a half knackrd brake pipe on a car....

Ive put it all back to gether, and thats it.... silconed up the cover around the burner, now nothing will escape there, appart from out of the vent hole.... and ill see how it goes...

When it was off, and the covers removed, the smell disapeared, couldnt smell anything....and i dont have a cold either.....

My opinion is tht the vapour was been blown into the house with the current wind directions, and out through the gaps where the rubber seals didnt meet up due to stinkage etc....not a chance tha will happen now tho...

Am i right in thinking there will be a little vapour when its running....???

thnks again

MA...

Now time for a beer...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back